Scrabble word: INVITE
In which Scrabble dictionary does INVITE exist?
Definitions of INVITE in dictionaries:
- noun - a colloquial expression for invitation
- verb - increase the likelihood of
- verb - invite someone to one's house
- verb - give rise to a desire by being attractive or inviting
- verb - ask someone in a friendly way to do something
- verb - have as a guest
- verb - ask to enter
- verb - request the participation or presence of
- verb - express willingness to have in one's home or environs
- To ask for the presence or participation of: invite friends to dinner; invite writers to a conference.
- To request formally: invited us to be seated.
- To welcome; encourage: invite questions from the audience.
- To tend to bring on; provoke: “Divisions at home would invite dangers from abroad” (John Jay).
- An invitation.
- verb - to request the presence of