Scrabble word: GRAFT
In which Scrabble dictionary does GRAFT exist?
Definitions of GRAFT in dictionaries:
- noun - (surgery) tissue or organ transplanted from a donor to a recipient
- noun - the practice of offering something (usually money) in order to gain an illicit advantage
- noun - the act of grafting something onto something else
- verb - cause to grow together parts from different plants
- verb - place the organ of a donor into the body of a recipient
- To unite (a shoot or bud) with a growing plant by insertion or by placing in close contact.
- To join (a plant or plants) by such union.
- To transplant or implant (living tissue, for example) surgically into a bodily part to replace a damaged part or compensate for a defect.
- To join or unite closely: graft new customs onto old.
- To make a graft.
- To be or become joined.
- A detached shoot or bud united or to be united with a growing plant.
- The union or point of union of a detached shoot or bud with a growing plant by insertion or attachment.
- A plant produced by such union.
- Material, especially living tissue or an organ, surgically attached to or inserted into a bodily part to replace a damaged part or compensate for a defect.
- The procedure of implanting or transplanting such material.
- The configuration or condition resulting from such a procedure.
- Unscrupulous use of one’s position to derive profit or advantages; extortion.
- Money or an advantage gained or yielded by unscrupulous means.
- verb - to unite with a growing plant by insertion