Scrabble word: GENTLE
In which Scrabble dictionary does GENTLE exist?
Definitions of GENTLE in dictionaries:
- verb - cause to be more favorably inclined
- verb - give a title to someone
- verb - stroke soothingly
- adj - soft and mild
- adj - having or showing a kindly or tender nature
- adj - quiet and soothing
- adj - belonging to or characteristic of the nobility or aristocracy
- adj - easily handled or managed
- adj - having little impact
- adj - marked by moderate steepness
- Considerate or kindly in disposition; amiable and tender.
- Not harsh or severe; mild and soft: a gentle scolding; a gentle tapping at the window.
- Easily managed or handled; docile: a gentle horse.
- Not steep or sudden; gradual: a gentle incline.
- Of good family; wellborn.
- Suited to one of good breeding; refined and polite.
- One of good birth or relatively high station.
- To make less severe or intense: The peaceful sunset gentled her dreadful mood.
- To soothe, as by stroking; pacify.
- To tame or break (a domestic animal, for instance): gentle a horse.
- To raise to the status of a noble.
- adj - not harsh or rough
- verb - to make or become less
- adj - gentle or docile