Scrabble word: GENTLE
In which Scrabble dictionary does GENTLE exist?
Definitions of GENTLE in dictionaries:
- verb - cause to be more favorably inclined
- verb - give a title to someone
- verb - stroke soothingly
- adj - soft and mild
- adj - having or showing a kindly or tender nature
- adj - quiet and soothing
- adj - belonging to or characteristic of the nobility or aristocracy
- adj - easily handled or managed
- adj - having little impact
- adj - marked by moderate steepness
- Considerate or kindly in disposition; amiable and tender.
- Not harsh or severe; mild and soft: a gentle scolding; a gentle tapping at the window.
- Easily managed or handled; docile: a gentle horse.
- Not steep or sudden; gradual: a gentle incline.
- Of good family; wellborn.
- Suited to one of good breeding; refined and polite.
- One of good birth or relatively high station.
- To make less severe or intense: The peaceful sunset gentled her dreadful mood.
- To soothe, as by stroking; pacify.
- To tame or break (a domestic animal, for instance): gentle a horse.
- To raise to the status of a noble.
- adj - not harsh or rough
- verb - to make or become less
- adj - gentle or docile
There are 6 letters in GENTLE: E E G L N T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to GENTLE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word GENTLE plus a wildcard: GENTLE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word GENTLE
Images for GENTLE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.