Scrabble word: FORBID
In which Scrabble dictionary does FORBID exist?
Definitions of FORBID in dictionaries:
- verb - command against
- verb - keep from happening or arising
- To command (someone) not to do something: I forbid you to go.
- To command against the doing or use of (something); prohibit: forbid smoking on trains.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to refuse to allow”: laws that forbid speeding; banned smoking; was enjoined from broadcasting the news item; interdict trafficking in drugs; rules that prohibit swimming in the reservoir; proscribed the importation of raw fruits and vegetables.
- verb - to command not to do something