Scrabble word: ERGOT
In which Scrabble dictionary does ERGOT exist?
Definitions of ERGOT in dictionaries:
- noun - a plant disease caused by the ergot fungus
- noun - a fungus that infects various cereal plants forming compact black masses of branching filaments that replace many grains of the plant
- A fungus (Claviceps purpurea) that infects various cereal plants and forms compact black masses of branching filaments that replace many of the grains of the host plant.
- The disease caused by such a fungus.
- The dried sclerotia of ergot, usually obtained from rye seed and used as a source of several medicinally important alkaloids and as the basic source of lysergic acid.
- noun - any of a major group of lower plants