Is STAY valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of STAY in various dictionaries:
- noun - continuing or remaining in a place or state
- noun - the state of inactivity following an interruption
- noun - a judicial order forbidding some action until an event occurs or the order is lifted
- noun - a thin strip of metal or bone that is used to stiffen a garment (e.g. a corset)
- noun - (nautical) brace consisting of a heavy rope or wire cable used as a support for a mast or spar
- verb - stay the same
- verb - stay put (in a certain place)
- verb - dwell
- verb - continue in a place, position, or situation
- verb - remain behind
- verb - stop or halt
- verb - stay behind
- verb - hang on during a trial of endurance
- verb - stop a judicial process
- verb - fasten with stays
- verb - overcome or allay
- To continue to be in a place or condition: stay home; stay calm.
- To remain or sojourn as a guest or lodger: stayed at a motel.
- To stop moving; halt.
- To wait; pause.
- To endure or persist: stayed with the original plan.
- To keep up in a race or contest: tried to stay with the lead runner.
- To meet a bet in poker without raising it.
- To stand one’s ground; remain firm.
- To cease from a specified activity.
- To stop or halt; check.
- To postpone; delay.
- To delay or stop the effect of (an order, for example) by legal action or mandate: stay a prisoner’s execution.
- To satisfy or appease temporarily: stayed his anger.
- To remain during: stayed the week with my parents; stayed the duration of the game.
- To wait for; await: “I will not stay thy questions.
- The act of halting; check.
- The act of coming to a halt.
- A brief period of residence or visiting.
- These verbs mean to continue to be in a given place.
- To brace, support, or prop up.
- To strengthen or sustain mentally or spiritually.
- To rest or fix on for support.
- A support or brace.
- A strip of bone, plastic, or metal, used to stiffen a garment or part, such as a corset or shirt collar.
- A heavy rope or cable, usually of wire, used as a brace or support for a mast or spar.
- To put (a ship) on the opposite tack or to come about.
- verb - to continue in a place or condition
There are 4 letters in STAY: A S T Y
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to STAY
To search all scrabble anagrams of STAY, to go: STAY?
Rearrange the letters in STAY and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of STAY
What's nearby STAY
Lookup in Wiki for STAY
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of STAY, do not miss the additional links under "More about: STAY"