Is COVER valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of COVER in various dictionaries:
- noun - a covering that serves to conceal or shelter something
- noun - bedding that keeps a person warm in bed
- noun - the act of concealing the existence of something by obstructing the view of it
- noun - the protective covering on the front, back, and spine of a book
- noun - a natural object that covers or envelops
- noun - covering for a hole (especially a hole in the top of a container)
- noun - fire that makes it difficult for the enemy to fire on your own individuals or formations
- noun - a fixed charge by a restaurant or nightclub over and above the charge for food and drink
- noun - a recording of a song that was first recorded or made popular by somebody else
- noun - a false identity and background (especially one created for an undercover agent)
- verb - provide with a covering or cause to be covered
- verb - form a cover over
- verb - span an interval of distance, space or time
- verb - provide for
- verb - act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression
- verb - include in scope
- verb - travel across or pass over
- verb - be responsible for reporting the details of, as in journalism
- verb - hold within range of an aimed firearm
- verb - to take an action to protect against future problems
- verb - hide from view or knowledge
- verb - protect or defend (a position in a game)
- verb - maintain a check on
- verb - protect by insurance
- verb - make up for shortcomings or a feeling of inferiority by exaggerating good qualities
- verb - invest with a large or excessive amount of something
- verb - help out by taking someone's place and temporarily assuming his responsibilities
- verb - be sufficient to meet, defray, or offset the charge or cost of
- verb - spread over a surface to conceal or protect
- verb - cover as if with a shroud
- verb - copulate with a female, used especially of horses
- verb - put something on top of something else
- verb - play a higher card than the one previously played
- verb - be responsible for guarding an opponent in a game
- verb - sit on (eggs)
- verb - clothe, as if for protection from the elements
- To place something upon or over, so as to protect or conceal.
- To overlay or spread with something: cover potatoes with gravy.
- To put a cover or covering on.
- To wrap up; clothe.
- To invest (oneself) with a great deal of something: covered themselves with glory.
- To spread over the surface of: Dust covered the table.
- To extend over: a farm covering more than 100 acres.
- To copulate with (a female).
- To sit on in order to hatch.
- To hide or screen from view or knowledge; conceal: covered up his misdemeanors.
- To protect or shield from harm, loss, or danger.
- To protect by insurance: took out a new policy that will cover all our camera equipment.
- To compensate or make up for.
- To be sufficient to defray, meet, or offset the cost or charge of: had enough funds to cover her check.
- To make provision for; take into account: The law does not cover all crimes.
- To deal with; treat of: The book covers the feminist movement.
- To travel or pass over; traverse: They covered 60 miles in two days.
- To have as one’s territory or sphere of work.
- To be responsible for reporting the details of (an event or situation): Two reporters covered the news story.
- To hold within the range and aim of a weapon, such as a firearm.
- To protect, as from enemy attack, by occupying a strategic position.
- To be responsible for guarding (an opponent).
- To be responsible for defending (a position): cover left field.
- To match (an opponent’s stake) in a wager.
- To purchase (stock that one has shorted).
- To play a higher-ranking card than (the one previously played).
- To pardon or remit.
- To spread over a surface to protect or conceal something: a paint that covers well.
- To act as a substitute or replacement during someone’s absence: Her assistant covered for her.
- To hide something in order to save someone from censure or punishment: cover up for a colleague.
- To play a higher card than the one previously played.
- A lid or top.
- A binding or enclosure for a book or magazine.
- A protective overlay, as for a mattress or furniture.
- Something that provides shelter.
- Strategic protection given by armed units during hostile action: The battleship approached the combat zone under a cover of fighter planes.
- Something, such as vegetation, covering the surface of the ground.
- Vegetation, such as underbrush, serving as protective concealment for wild animals.
- Something, such as darkness, that screens, conceals, or disguises.
- A false background and identity, especially for a spy.
- A table setting for one person: Covers were laid for ten.
- A cover charge.
- An envelope or wrapper for mail.
- Funds sufficient to meet an obligation or secure against loss.
- One who substitutes for another.
- To traverse a given distance with satisfying speed.
- To deal with or accomplish something in a certain manner: The history course covered a lot of ground in six weeks.
- In an enclosure for mailing.
- Being hidden or protected, as by darkness.
- verb - to place something over or upon
There are 5 letters in COVER: C E O R V
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to COVER
To search all scrabble anagrams of COVER, to go: COVER?
Rearrange the letters in COVER and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of COVER
What's nearby COVER
Lookup in Wiki for COVER
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of COVER, do not miss the additional links under "More about: COVER"