Is CENTER valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of CENTER in various dictionaries:
- noun - an area that is approximately central within some larger region
- noun - the piece of ground in the outfield directly ahead of the catcher
- noun - a building dedicated to a particular activity
- noun - a point equidistant from the ends of a line or the extremities of a figure
- noun - the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience
- noun - the object upon which interest and attention focuses
- noun - a cluster of nerve cells governing a specific bodily process
- noun - the middle of a military or naval formation
- noun - (basketball) the person who plays center on a basketball team
- noun - (football) the person who plays center on the line of scrimmage and snaps the ball to the quarterback
- noun - a place where some particular activity is concentrated
- noun - politically moderate persons
- noun - (ice hockey) the person who plays center on a hockey team
- noun - the sweet central portion of a piece of candy that is enclosed in chocolate or some other covering
- noun - mercantile establishment consisting of a carefully landscaped complex of shops representing leading merchandisers
- noun - the position on a hockey team of the player who participates in the face off at the beginning of the game
- noun - (American football) the position of the player on the line of scrimmage who puts the ball in play
- noun - a position on a basketball team of the player who participates in the jump that starts the game
- verb - center upon
- verb - direct one's attention on something
- verb - move into the center
- adj - equally distant from the extremes
- adj - of or belonging to neither the right nor the left politically or intellectually
- A point or place that is equally distant from the sides or outer boundaries of something; the middle: the center of town; the center of a stage.
- A point equidistant from the vertexes of a regular polygon.
- A point equidistant from all points on the circumference of a circle or on the surface of a sphere.
- A point around which something rotates or revolves: The sun is the center of our solar system.
- A part of an object that is surrounded by the rest; a core: chocolates with soft centers.
- A place where a particular activity or service is concentrated: a medical center.
- A point of origin, as of influence, ideas, or actions: a center of power; a center of unrest.
- An area of dense population: a metropolitan center.
- A person or thing that is the chief object of attention, interest, activity, or emotion.
- A person, object, or group occupying a middle position.
- Often Center.
- A group of neurons in the central nervous system that control a particular function: the vasomotor center.
- A player who holds a middle position on the field, court, or forward line in some team sports, such as football and basketball.
- Center field.
- A small conical hole made in a piece of work with a center punch so that a drill can be accurately positioned within it.
- A bar with a conical point used to support work, as during turning on a lathe.
- To place in or at the center: centered the vase on the table.
- To direct toward a center or central point; concentrate or focus: tried to center the discussion on the main issues.
- To pass (the ball) back between the legs to begin a down.
- To be concentrated; cluster: The epidemic centered in the urban areas.
- The central meaning shared by these nouns is “a region, person, or thing around which something, such as an activity, is concentrated”: a great cultural center; the focus of research efforts; the headquarters of a multinational corporation; a town that is the heart of the colony; the hub of a steel empire; the seat of government.
- verb - to place at the center (the midpoint)
There are 6 letters in CENTER: C E E N R T
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to CENTER
To search all scrabble anagrams of CENTER, to go: CENTER?
Rearrange the letters in CENTER and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of CENTER
What's nearby CENTER
Lookup in Wiki for CENTER
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of CENTER, do not miss the additional links under "More about: CENTER"