Scrabble word: SHAFT
In which Scrabble dictionary does SHAFT exist?
Definitions of SHAFT in dictionaries:
- noun - a line that forms the length of an arrow pointer
- noun - an aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect
- noun - a long rod or pole (especially the handle of an implement or the body of a weapon like a spear or arrow)
- noun - a column of light (as from a beacon)
- noun - the main (mid) section of a long bone
- noun - obscene terms for penis
- noun - a long pointed rod used as a tool or weapon
- noun - a vertical passageway through a building (as for an elevator)
- noun - (architecture) upright consisting of the vertical part of a column
- noun - a long vertical passage sunk into the earth, as for a mine or tunnel
- noun - a revolving rod that transmits power or motion
- noun - the hollow spine of a feather
- verb - equip with a shaft
- verb - defeat someone through trickery or deceit
- The long, narrow stem or body of a spear or an arrow.
- A spear or an arrow.
- A projectile suggestive of a spear or an arrow in appearance or configuration.
- A scornfully satirical comment; a barb.
- Harsh, unfair treatment.
- A ray or beam of light.
- The handle of any of various tools or implements.
- The main axis of a feather, especially its distal portion.
- The midsection of a long bone; diaphysis.
- The section of a hair projecting from the surface of the body.
- A column or an obelisk.
- The section of a column between the capital and the base.
- One of two parallel poles between which an animal is harnessed to a vehicle.
- A long, generally cylindrical bar, especially one that rotates and transmits power, as the drive shaft of an engine.
- A long, narrow, often vertical passage sunk into the earth, as for mining ore; a tunnel.
- A vertical passage housing an elevator.
- A duct or conduit for the passage of air, as for ventilation or heating.
- To equip with a shaft.
- To treat in a harsh, unfair way: “He had been shafted by the press quite a bit” (Frank Deford).
- verb - to push or propel with a pole
There are 5 letters in SHAFT: A F H S T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SHAFT
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word SHAFT plus a wildcard: SHAFT?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SHAFT
Images for SHAFT
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.