Scrabble word: SEASON
In which Scrabble dictionary does SEASON exist?
Definitions of SEASON in dictionaries:
- noun - a period of the year marked by special events or activities in some field
- noun - one of the natural periods into which the year is divided by the equinoxes and solstices or atmospheric conditions
- noun - a recurrent time marked by major holidays
- verb - lend flavor to
- verb - make fit
- verb - make more temperate, acceptable, or suitable by adding something else
- One of the four natural divisions of the year, spring, summer, fall, and winter, in the North and South Temperate zones.
- The two divisions of the year, rainy and dry, in some tropical regions.
- A recurrent period characterized by certain occurrences, occupations, festivities, or crops: the holiday season; tomato season.
- A suitable, natural, or convenient time: a season for merriment.
- A period of time: gone for a season.
- To improve or enhance the flavor of (food) by adding salt, spices, herbs, or other flavorings.
- To add zest, piquancy, or interest to: seasoned the lecture with jokes.
- To treat or dry (lumber, for example) until ready for use; cure.
- To render competent through trial and experience: a lawyer who had been seasoned by years in the trial courts.
- To become usable, competent, or tempered.
- Available or ready for eating or other use.
- Legally permitted to be caught or hunted during a specified period.
- At the right moment; opportunely.
- In heat.
- Not available, permitted, or ready to be eaten, caught, or hunted.
- Not at the right or proper moment; inopportunely.
- verb - to heighten or improve the flavor of by adding savory ingredients