Scrabble word: SCONCE
In which Scrabble dictionary does SCONCE exist?
Definitions of SCONCE in dictionaries:
- noun - a shelter or screen providing protection from enemy fire or from the weather
- noun - a small fort or earthwork defending a ford, pass, or castle gate
- noun - a candle or flaming torch secured in a sconce
- noun - a decorative wall bracket for holding candles or other sources of light
- A small defensive earthwork or fort.
- A decorative wall bracket for holding candles or lights.
- A flattened candlestick that has a handle.
- The human head or skull.
- adj - of excellent quality
- verb - to subject to a fine (a monetary penalty)