Scrabble word: PROMPT
In which Scrabble dictionary does PROMPT exist?
Definitions of PROMPT in dictionaries:
- noun - a cue given to a performer (usually the beginning of the next line to be spoken)
- noun - (computer science) a symbol that appears on the computer screen to indicate that the computer is ready to receive a command
- verb - give an incentive for action
- verb - serve as the inciting cause of
- verb - assist (somebody acting or reciting) by suggesting the next words of something forgotten or imperfectly learned
- adj - according to schedule or without delay
- adj - ready and willing or quick to act
- adj - performed with little or no delay
- Being on time; punctual.
- Carried out or performed without delay: a prompt reply.
- To move to act; spur; incite: A noise prompted the guard to go back and investigate.
- To give rise to; inspire: The accident prompted a review of school safety policy.
- To assist with a reminder; remind.
- To assist (an actor or a reciter) by providing the next words of a forgotten passage; cue.
- The act of prompting or giving a cue.
- A reminder or cue.
- A symbol that appears on a monitor to indicate that the computer is ready to receive input.
- A prompt note.
- The time limit stipulated in a prompt note.
- adj - quick to act or respond
- verb - to induce to action