Scrabble word: LOWER
In which Scrabble dictionary does LOWER exist?
Definitions of LOWER in dictionaries:
- noun - the lower of two berths
- verb - move something or somebody to a lower position
- verb - set lower
- verb - make lower or quieter
- verb - cause to drop or sink
- verb - look angry or sullen, wrinkle one's forehead, as if to signal disapproval
- adj - less than normal in degree or intensity or amount
- adj - literal meanings
- adj - very low in volume
- adj - unrefined in character
- adj - used of sounds and voices
- adj - of the most contemptible kind
- adj - low or inferior in station or quality
- adj - no longer sufficient
- adj - subdued or brought low in condition or status
- adj - filled with melancholy and despondency
- To look angry, sullen, or threatening.
- To appear dark or threatening, such as the sky.
- A threatening, sullen, or angry look.
- A dark and ominous look: the lower of thunderheads.
- Below another in rank, position, or authority.
- Relating to or being an earlier or older division of the period named.
- Less advanced in organization or evolutionary development.
- Denoting the larger and usually more representative house of a bicameral legislature.
- To let, bring, or move down to a lower level.
- To reduce in value, degree, or quality.
- To weaken; undermine: lower one’s energy.
- To reduce in standing or respect.
- To move down: Her hand lowered.
- To become less; diminish: The temperature has lowered gradually this month.
- verb - to appear dark and threatening