Scrabble word: HUMBLE
In which Scrabble dictionary does HUMBLE exist?
Definitions of HUMBLE in dictionaries:
- verb - cause to be unpretentious
- verb - cause to feel shame
- adj - low or inferior in station or quality
- adj - marked by meekness or modesty
- adj - used of unskilled work (especially domestic work)
- adj - of low birth or station (`base' is archaic in this sense)
- Marked by meekness or modesty in behavior, attitude, or spirit; not arrogant or prideful.
- Showing deferential or submissive respect: a humble apology.
- Low in rank, quality, or station; unpretentious or lowly: a humble cottage.
- To curtail or destroy the pride of; humiliate.
- To cause to be meek or modest in spirit.
- To give a lower condition or station to; abase.
- adv - having a moderate regard for oneself [adj -ESTER, -ESTEST] : MODESTLY
- verb - to reduce the pride of