Scrabble word: FORCE
In which Scrabble dictionary does FORCE exist?
Definitions of FORCE in dictionaries:
- noun - a powerful effect or influence
- noun - (physics) the influence that produces a change in a physical quantity
- noun - physical energy or intensity
- noun - group of people willing to obey orders
- noun - a unit that is part of some military service
- noun - an act of aggression (as one against a person who resists)
- noun - one possessing or exercising power or influence or authority
- noun - a group of people having the power of effective action
- noun - (of a law) having legal validity
- noun - a putout of a base runner who is required to run
- verb - to cause to do through pressure or necessity, by physical, moral or intellectual means :"She forced him to take a job in the city"
- verb - urge or force (a person) to an action
- verb - move with force, "He pushed the table into a corner"
- verb - impose urgently, importunately, or inexorably
- verb - squeeze like a wedge into a tight space
- verb - force into or from an action or state, either physically or metaphorically
- verb - cause to move by pulling
- verb - do forcibly
- verb - take by force
- The capacity to do work or cause physical change; energy, strength, or active power: the force of an explosion.
- Power made operative against resistance; exertion: use force in driving a nail.
- The use of physical power or violence to compel or restrain: a confession obtained by force.
- Intellectual power or vigor, especially as conveyed in writing or speech.
- Moral strength.
- A capacity for affecting the mind or behavior; efficacy: the force of logical argumentation.
- One that possesses such capacity: the forces of evil.
- A body of persons or other resources organized or available for a certain purpose: a large labor force.
- A person or group capable of influential action: a retired senator who is still a force in national politics.
- Military strength.
- The entire military strength, as of a nation.
- Units of a nation’s military personnel, especially those deployed into combat: Our forces have at last engaged the enemy.
- Legal validity.
- A vector quantity that tends to produce an acceleration of a body in the direction of its application.
- To compel through pressure or necessity: I forced myself to practice daily.
- To gain by the use of force or coercion: force a confession.
- To move or effect against resistance or inertia: forced my foot into the shoe.
- To inflict or impose relentlessly: He forced his ideas upon the group.
- To put undue strain on: She forced her voice despite being hoarse.
- To increase or accelerate (a pace, for example) to the maximum.
- To produce with effort and against one’s will: force a laugh in spite of pain.
- To use (language) with obvious lack of ease and naturalness.
- To move, open, or clear by force: forced our way through the crowd.
- To break down or open by force: force a lock.
- To rape.
- To cause to grow or mature by artificially accelerating normal processes.
- To put (a runner) out on a force play.
- To allow (a run) to be scored by walking a batter when the bases are loaded.
- To cause an opponent to play (a particular card).
- In full strength; in large numbers: Demonstrators were out in force.
- These verbs mean to cause a person or thing to follow a prescribed or dictated course.
- adv - to overcome resistance by the exertion of strength [v FORCED, FORCING, FORCES] : FORCEDLY
There are 5 letters in FORCE: C E F O R
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to FORCE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word FORCE plus a wildcard: FORCE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word FORCE
Images for FORCE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.