Scrabble word: DEFENSE
In which Scrabble dictionary does DEFENSE exist?
Definitions of DEFENSE in dictionaries:
- noun - (military) military action or resources protecting a country against potential enemies
- noun - protection from harm
- noun - (sports) the team that is trying to prevent the other team from scoring
- noun - the justification for some act or belief
- noun - (psychiatry) an unconscious process that tries to reduce the anxiety associated with instinctive desires
- noun - the federal department responsible for safeguarding national security of the United States
- noun - the defendant and his legal advisors collectively
- noun - the speech act of answering an attack on your assertions
- noun - an organization of defenders that provides resistance against attack
- noun - a structure used to defend against attack
- noun - a defendant's answer or plea denying the truth of the charges against him
- noun - the act of defending someone or something against attack or injury
- The act of defending against attack, danger, or injury.
- A means or method of defending or protecting.
- An argument in support or justification of something.
- The action of the defendant in opposition to complaints against him or her.
- The defendant and his or her legal counsel.
- The science or art of defending oneself; self-defense.
- The team or those players on the team attempting to stop the opposition from scoring.
- To attempt to stop (the opposition) from scoring.
- verb - to guard against a specific attack