Scrabble word: COMPEL
In which Scrabble dictionary does COMPEL exist?
Definitions of COMPEL in dictionaries:
- verb - force somebody to do something
- verb - necessitate or exact
- To force, drive, or constrain: Duty compelled the soldiers to volunteer for the mission.
- To necessitate or pressure by force; exact: An energy crisis compels fuel conservation.
- To exert a strong, irresistible force on; sway: “The land, in a certain, very real way, compels the minds of the people” (Barry Lopez).
- verb - to urge forcefully