Scrabble word: BIAS
In which Scrabble dictionary does BIAS exist?
Definitions of BIAS in dictionaries:
- noun - a partiality that prevents objective consideration of an issue or situation
- noun - a line or cut across a fabric that is not at right angles to a side of the fabric
- verb - influence in an unfair way
- verb - cause to be biased
- adj - slanting diagonally across the grain of a fabric
- A line going diagonally across the grain of fabric: Cut the cloth on the bias.
- Usage Problem.
- A preference or an inclination, especially one that inhibits impartial judgment.
- An unfair act or policy stemming from prejudice.
- A statistical sampling or testing error caused by systematically favoring some outcomes over others.
- A weight or irregularity in a ball that causes it to swerve, as in lawn bowling.
- The tendency of such a ball to swerve.
- Slanting or diagonal; oblique: a bias fold.
- To influence in a particular, typically unfair direction; prejudice.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to influence unfavorably or detrimentally”: past experiences that have biased his outlook; behavior that has colored my opinion of her; a view of campaign promises that have become jaundiced; lying that has prejudiced the public against the administration; bitterness that has warped your judgment.
There are 4 letters in BIAS: A B I S
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to BIAS
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word BIAS plus a wildcard: BIAS?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word BIAS
Images for BIAS
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.