Scrabble word: BESIEGE
In which Scrabble dictionary does BESIEGE exist?
Definitions of BESIEGE in dictionaries:
- verb - surround so as to force to give up
- verb - cause to feel distressed or worried
- verb - harass, as with questions or requests
- To surround with hostile forces.
- To crowd around; hem in.
- To harass or importune, as with requests: Reporters besieged the winner for interviews.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to surround with hostile forces”: besiege a walled city: a beleaguered settlement; blockaded the harbor; investing a fortress; a castle sieged by foot soldiers and cavalry.
- verb - to extend completely around