Scrabble word: ABJURE
In which Scrabble dictionary does ABJURE exist?
Definitions of ABJURE in dictionaries:
- verb - formally reject or disavow a formerly held belief, usually under pressure
- To renounce under oath; forswear.
- To recant solemnly; repudiate: abjure one’s beliefs.
- To give up (an action or practice, for example); abstain from: “For nearly 21 years after his resignation as Prime Minister in 1963, he abjured all titles, preferring to remain just plain ‘Mr.
- verb - to renounce under oath