Scrabble word: JAR
In which Scrabble dictionary does JAR exist?
Definitions of JAR in dictionaries:
- noun - a vessel (usually cylindrical) with a wide mouth and without handles
- noun - the quantity contained in a jar
- noun - a sudden jarring impact
- verb - be incompatible
- verb - move or cause to move with a sudden jerky motion
- verb - shock physically
- verb - affect in a disagreeable way
- verb - place in a cylindrical vessel
- A cylindrical glass or earthenware vessel with a wide mouth and usually no handles.
- The amount that a jar can hold.
- A glass of beer.
- To make or utter a harsh sound.
- To be disturbing or irritating; grate: The incessant talking jarred on my nerves.
- To shake or shiver from impact.
- To clash or conflict: “We ourselves... often jar with the landscape” (Isak Dinesen).
- To bump or cause to move or shake from impact.
- To startle or unsettle; shock.
- A jolt; a shock.
- Harsh or grating sound; discord.
- verb - to cause to shake