Is STEM valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of STEM in various dictionaries:
- noun - (linguistics) the form of a word after all affixes are removed
- noun - a slender or elongated structure that supports a plant or fungus or a plant part or plant organ
- noun - cylinder forming a long narrow part of something
- noun - the tube of a tobacco pipe
- noun - front part of a vessel or aircraft
- noun - a turn made in skiing
- verb - grow out of, have roots in, originate in
- verb - cause to point inward
- verb - stop the flow of a liquid
- verb - remove the stem from
- The main ascending axis of a plant; a stalk or trunk.
- A slender stalk supporting or connecting another plant part, such as a leaf or flower.
- A banana stalk bearing several bunches of bananas.
- The tube of a tobacco pipe.
- The slender upright support of a wineglass or goblet.
- The small projecting shaft with an expanded crown by which a watch is wound.
- The rounded rod in the center of certain locks about which the key fits and is turned.
- The shaft of a feather or hair.
- The upright stroke of a typeface or letter.
- The vertical line extending from the head of a note.
- The main line of descent of a family.
- The curved upright beam at the fore of a vessel into which the hull timbers are scarfed to form the prow.
- To have or take origin or descent.
- To remove the stem of.
- To provide with a stem.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to come forth or come into being”: customs stemming from the past; misery arising from war; rights deriving from citizenship; disapproval emanating from the teacher; happiness that flows from their friendship; prejudice that issues from fear; a proposal originating in the Congress; a mistake that proceeded from carelessness; rebellion rising in the provinces; new industries springing up.
- To stop or hold back by or as if by damming; stanch.
- To plug or tamp (a blast hole, for example).
- To point (skis) inward.
- verb - to remove stems (ascending axes of a plant) from
There are 4 letters in STEM: E M S T
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to STEM
To search all scrabble anagrams of STEM, to go: STEM?
Rearrange the letters in STEM and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of STEM
What's nearby STEM
Lookup in Wiki for STEM
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of STEM, do not miss the additional links under "More about: STEM"