Scrabble word: WRENCH
In which Scrabble dictionary does WRENCH exist?
Definitions of WRENCH in dictionaries:
- noun - a sharp strain on muscles or ligaments
- noun - a jerky pulling movement
- noun - a hand tool that is used to hold or twist a nut or bolt
- verb - twist or pull violently or suddenly, especially so as to remove (something) from that to which it is attached or from where it originates
- verb - make a sudden twisting motion
- verb - twist and compress, as if in pain or anguish
- verb - twist suddenly so as to sprain
- A sudden sharp, forcible twist or turn.
- An injury produced by twisting or straining.
- A sudden tug at one’s emotions; a surge of compassion, sorrow, or anguish.
- A break or parting that causes emotional distress.
- The pain so associated: felt a wrench when he was parted from his children.
- A distortion in the original form or meaning of something written or spoken; twisted interpretation.
- Any of various hand or power tools with fixed or adjustable jaws for gripping, turning, or twisting objects such as nuts, bolts, or pipes.
- To twist or turn suddenly and forcibly.
- To twist and sprain: I wrenched my knee.
- To force free by pulling at; yank.
- To pull with a wrench.
- To pull at the feelings or emotions of; distress: It wrenched her to watch them go.
- To give a wrench, twist, or turn.
- verb - to twist suddenly and forcibly