Scrabble word: SWATH
In which Scrabble dictionary does SWATH exist?
Definitions of SWATH in dictionaries:
- noun - the space created by the swing of a scythe or the cut of a mowing machine
- noun - a path or strip (as cut by one course of mowing)
- The width of a scythe stroke or a mowing-machine blade.
- A path of this width made in mowing.
- The mown grass or grain lying on such a path.
- Something likened to a swath; a strip.
- To create a great stir, impression, or display: “He cut a bold and even sacrificial swath across American politics” (Gail Sheehy).
- To extend in distinctive physical length and width: “the surprising 17th Arrondissement, which cuts a generous swath across northwest Paris” (Jean Rafferty).
- noun - a row of cut grass or grain