Scrabble word: STRETCH
In which Scrabble dictionary does STRETCH exist?
Definitions of STRETCH in dictionaries:
- noun - a large and unbroken expanse or distance
- noun - the act of physically reaching or thrusting out
- noun - a straightaway section of a racetrack
- noun - exercise designed to extend the limbs and muscles to their full extent
- noun - extension to or beyond the ordinary limit
- noun - an unbroken period of time during which you do something
- noun - the capacity for being stretched
- verb - occupy a large, elongated area
- verb - extend one's limbs or muscles, or the entire body
- verb - extend or stretch out to a greater or the full length
- verb - become longer by being stretched and pulled
- verb - make long or longer by pulling and stretching
- verb - lie down comfortably
- verb - pull in opposite directions
- verb - extend the scope or meaning of
- verb - corrupt, debase, or make impure by adding a foreign or inferior substance
- verb - increase in quantity or bulk by adding a cheaper substance
- verb - extend one's body or limbs
- adj - having an elongated seating area
- adj - easily stretched
- To lengthen, widen, or distend: stretched the sweater out of shape.
- To cause to extend from one place to another or across a given space: stretched the banner between two poles.
- To make taut; tighten: stretched the tarpaulin until it ripped.
- To reach or put forth; extend: stretched out his hand.
- To extend (oneself or one’s limbs, for example) to full length: stretches herself after waking up; stretched his calves before running.
- To extend (oneself) when lying down: she stretched herself out on the couch and fell asleep.
- To put to torture on the rack.
- To wrench or strain (a muscle, for example).
- To extend or enlarge beyond the usual or proper limits: stretch the meaning of a word; stretch one’s imagination.
- To subject to undue strain: This situation really stretches my patience.
- To expand in order to fulfill a larger function: stretch a budget; stretch a paycheck.
- To increase the quantity of by admixture or dilution: stretch a meal by thinning the stew.
- To prolong: stretch out an argument; stretch the payments.
- To fell by a blow: stretched his opponent in the first round.
- To become lengthened, widened, or distended.
- To extend or reach over a distance or an area or in a given direction: “On both sides of us stretched the wet plain” (Ernest Hemingway).
- To lie down at full length: stretched out on the bed for a nap.
- To extend one’s muscles or limbs, as after prolonged sitting or on awakening.
- To extend over a given period of time: “This story stretches over a whole generation” (William Golding).
- The act of stretching or the state of being stretched.
- The extent or scope to which something can be stretched; elasticity.
- A continuous or unbroken length, area, or expanse: an empty stretch of highway.
- A straight section of a racecourse or track, especially the section leading to the finish line.
- A continuous period of time.
- A term of imprisonment: served a two-year stretch.
- The last stage of an event, a period, or a process.
- The movement in which a pitcher raises both hands to the height of the head and then lowers them to the waist for a short pause before pitching the ball.
- Made of an elastic material that stretches easily: stretch pants.
- Of, relating to, or being a vehicle, such as a limousine or passenger jet, having an extended seating area that provides extra space for more passengers, leg room, or amenities.
- verb - to draw out or open to full length
There are 7 letters in STRETCH: C E H R S T T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to STRETCH
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word STRETCH plus a wildcard: STRETCH?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word STRETCH
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for STRETCH
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.