Scrabble word: RIFFLE
In which Scrabble dictionary does RIFFLE exist?
Definitions of RIFFLE in dictionaries:
- noun - a small wave on the surface of a liquid
- noun - shuffling by splitting the pack and interweaving the two halves at their corners
- verb - twitch or flutter
- verb - look through a book or other written material
- verb - stir up (water) so as to form ripples
- verb - shuffle (playing cards) by separating the deck into two parts and riffling with the thumbs so the cards intermix
- A rocky shoal or sandbar lying just below the surface of a waterway.
- A stretch of choppy water caused by such a shoal or sandbar; a rapid.
- In mining, the sectional stone or wood bottom lining of a sluice, arranged for trapping mineral particles, as of gold.
- A groove or block in such a lining.
- The act or an instance of shuffling cards.
- To shuffle (playing cards) by holding part of a deck in each hand and raising up the edges before releasing them to fall alternately in one stack.
- To thumb through (the pages of a book, for example).
- To shuffle cards.
- To become choppy, as water.
- verb - to flip through hastily