Scrabble word: RETIRE
In which Scrabble dictionary does RETIRE exist?
Definitions of RETIRE in dictionaries:
- verb - go into retirement
- verb - withdraw from active participation
- verb - pull back or move away or backward
- verb - withdraw from circulation or from the market, as of bills, shares, and bonds
- verb - break from a meeting or gathering
- verb - make (someone) retire
- verb - dispose of (something no longer useful or needed)
- verb - lose interest
- verb - cause to be out on a fielding play
- verb - cause to get out
- verb - prepare for sleep
- To withdraw, as for rest or seclusion.
- To go to bed.
- To withdraw from one’s occupation, business, or office; stop working.
- To fall back or retreat, as from battle.
- To move back or away; recede.
- To cause to withdraw from one’s usual field of activity: retired all executives at 55.
- To lead (troops, for example) away from action; withdraw.
- To take out of circulation: retired the bonds.
- To withdraw from use or active service: retiring an old battleship.
- To put out (a batter).
- To cause (the opposing team) to end a turn at bat.
- verb - to go away or withdraw