Scrabble word: RECOVER
In which Scrabble dictionary does RECOVER exist?
Definitions of RECOVER in dictionaries:
- verb - get or find back
- verb - get over an illness or shock
- verb - regain a former condition after a financial loss
- verb - regain or make up for
- verb - reuse (materials from waste products)
- verb - cover anew
- To get back; regain.
- To restore (oneself) to a normal state: He recovered himself after a slip on the ice.
- To compensate for: She recovered her losses.
- To procure (usable substances, such as metal) from unusable substances, such as ore or waste.
- To bring under observation again: “watching the comet since it was first recovered—first spotted since its 1910 visit” (Christian Science Monitor).
- To regain a normal or usual condition, as of health.
- These verbs are compared as they mean to get back something lost or taken away.
- verb - to obtain again after losing