Scrabble word: READER
In which Scrabble dictionary does READER exist?
Definitions of READER in dictionaries:
- noun - a person who enjoys reading
- noun - someone who contracts to receive and pay for a service or a certain number of issues of a publication
- noun - a person who can read
- noun - someone who reads manuscripts and judges their suitability for publication
- noun - someone who reads proof in order to find errors and mark corrections
- noun - someone who reads the lessons in a church service
- noun - a public lecturer at certain universities
- noun - one of a series of texts for students learning to read
- One that reads.
- One who publicly recites literary works.
- A person employed by a publisher to read and evaluate manuscripts.
- One who corrects printers’ proofs; a proofreader.
- A teaching assistant who reads and grades examination papers.
- A university teacher, especially one ranking next below a professor.
- A textbook of reading exercises.
- An anthology, especially a literary anthology.
- A layperson or minor cleric who recites lessons or prayers in church services.
- adv - to look at so as to take in the meaning of, as something written or printed [v READ, READING, READS] : READABLE [adj], READABLY