Scrabble word: INVOKE
In which Scrabble dictionary does INVOKE exist?
Definitions of INVOKE in dictionaries:
- verb - summon into action or bring into existence, often as if by magic
- verb - cite as an authority
- verb - request earnestly (something from somebody)
- To call on (a higher power) for assistance, support, or inspiration: “Stretching out her hands she had the air of a Greek woman who invoked a deity” (Ford Madox Ford).
- To appeal to or cite in support or justification.
- To call for earnestly; solicit: invoked the help of a passing motorist.
- To summon with incantations; conjure.
- To resort to; use or apply: “Shamelessly, he invokes coincidence to achieve ironic effect” (Newsweek).
- verb - to appeal to for aid