Scrabble word: EXTEND
In which Scrabble dictionary does EXTEND exist?
Definitions of EXTEND in dictionaries:
- verb - extend in scope or range or area
- verb - stretch out over a distance, space, time, or scope
- verb - span an interval of distance, space or time
- verb - make available
- verb - thrust or extend out
- verb - reach outward in space
- verb - offer verbally
- verb - extend one's limbs or muscles, or the entire body
- verb - expand the influence of
- verb - lengthen in time
- verb - extend or stretch out to a greater or the full length
- verb - cause to move at full gallop
- verb - open or straighten out
- verb - use to the utmost
- verb - prolong the time allowed for payment of
- verb - continue or extend
- verb - increase in quantity or bulk by adding a cheaper substance
- To open or straighten (something) out; unbend: extended the legs of the folding table.
- To stretch or spread (something) out to greater or fullest length: extended the radio antenna.
- To exert (oneself) vigorously or to full capacity: Few mountain climbers have extended themselves as those two have.
- To cause to move at full gallop.
- To increase in quantity or bulk by adding a cheaper substance: used rice or pasta to extend leftover casseroles.
- To adulterate.
- To enlarge the area, scope, or range of.
- To expand the influence of.
- To make more comprehensive or inclusive.
- To offer: extend one’s greetings.
- To make available; provide: extend credit to qualified purchasers.
- To cause (something) to be or last longer: extended our visit by a day.
- To prolong the time allowed for payment of: extend a loan for three more months.
- Chiefly British.
- To appraise or assess; value.
- To be or become long, large, or comprehensive: influence that extended to other continents; table legs that extend by unscrewing.
- verb - to stretch out to full length