Scrabble word: ENSIGN
In which Scrabble dictionary does ENSIGN exist?
Definitions of ENSIGN in dictionaries:
- noun - a person who holds a commissioned rank in the United States Navy or the United States Coast Guard
- noun - an emblem flown as a symbol of nationality
- noun - colors flown by a ship to show its nationality
- A national flag displayed on ships and aircraft, often with the special insignia of a branch or unit of the armed forces.
- A standard or banner, as of a military unit.
- A standard-bearer.
- ENS, Ens.
- A commissioned rank in the U.
- One who holds this rank.
- A badge of office or power; an emblem: “I want the seals of power and place,/The ensigns of command,/Charged by the people’s unbought grace,/To rule my native land” (John Quincy Adams).
- A sign; a token.
- noun - a navy officer