Scrabble word: CUTICLE
In which Scrabble dictionary does CUTICLE exist?
Definitions of CUTICLE in dictionaries:
- noun - the dead skin at the base of a fingernail or toenail
- noun - the outer layer of the skin covering the exterior body surface of vertebrates
- noun - hard outer covering or case of certain organisms such as arthropods and turtles
- The outermost layer of the skin of vertebrates; epidermis.
- The strip of hardened skin at the base and sides of a fingernail or toenail.
- Dead or cornified epidermis.
- The noncellular, hardened or membranous protective covering of many invertebrates, such as the transparent membrane that covers annelids.
- The layer of cutin covering the epidermis of the aerial parts of plants.