Scrabble word: COLLAR
In which Scrabble dictionary does COLLAR exist?
Definitions of COLLAR in dictionaries:
- noun - a band that fits around the neck and is usually folded over
- noun - (zoology) an encircling band or marking around the neck of any animal
- noun - anything worn or placed about the neck
- noun - a short ring fastened over a rod or shaft to limit, guide, or secure a machine part
- noun - the stitching that forms the rim of a shoe or boot
- noun - a band of leather or rope that is placed around an animal's neck as a harness or to identify it
- noun - necklace that fits tightly around a woman's neck
- noun - a figurative restraint
- noun - the act of apprehending (especially apprehending a criminal)
- verb - take into custody
- verb - seize by the neck or collar
- verb - furnish with a collar
- The part of a garment that encircles the neck.
- A necklace.
- A restraining or identifying band of leather, metal, or plastic put around the neck of an animal.
- The cushioned part of a harness that presses against the shoulders of a draft animal.
- An encircling structure or bandlike marking, as around the neck of an animal, suggestive of a collar.
- Any of various ringlike devices used to limit, guide, or secure a machine part.
- An arrest, as of a criminal.
- To furnish with a collar.
- To seize or detain.
- To arrest (a criminal, for example).
- verb - to provide with a collar (something worn around the neck)