Scrabble word: CHANCE
In which Scrabble dictionary does CHANCE exist?
Definitions of CHANCE in dictionaries:
- noun - a possibility due to a favorable combination of circumstances
- noun - an unknown and unpredictable phenomenon that causes an event to result one way rather than another
- noun - a risk involving danger
- noun - a measure of how likely it is that some event will occur
- noun - the possibility of future success
- verb - be the case by chance
- verb - take a risk in the hope of a favorable outcome
- verb - come upon, as if by accident
- adj - occurring or appearing or singled out by chance
- The unknown and unpredictable element in happenings that seems to have no assignable cause.
- A force assumed to cause events that cannot be foreseen or controlled; luck: Chance will determine the outcome.
- Often chances.
- An accidental or unpredictable event.
- A favorable set of circumstances; an opportunity: a chance to escape.
- A risk or hazard; a gamble: took a chance that the ice would hold me.
- A raffle or lottery ticket.
- An opportunity to make a putout or an assist that counts as an error if unsuccessful.
- Without plan; accidentally: They met by chance on a plane.
- These adjectives apply to what is determined not by deliberation or method but by accident.
- verb - to expose to a risk (a chance of injury or loss)