Scrabble word: BRANCH
In which Scrabble dictionary does BRANCH exist?
Definitions of BRANCH in dictionaries:
- noun - a division of some larger or more complex organization
- noun - a division of a stem, or secondary stem arising from the main stem of a plant
- noun - a part of a forked or branching shape
- noun - a natural consequence of development
- noun - a stream or river connected to a larger one
- noun - any projection that is thought to resemble a human arm
- verb - grow and send out branches or branch-like structures
- verb - divide into two or more branches so as to form a fork
- A secondary woody stem or limb growing from the trunk or main stem of a tree or shrub or from another secondary limb.
- A lateral division or subdivision of certain other plant parts, such as a root or flower cluster.
- A secondary outgrowth or subdivision of a main axis, such as the tine of a deer’s antlers.
- An offshoot or a division of the main portion of a structure, especially that of a nerve, blood vessel, or lymphatic vessel; a ramus.
- An area of specialized skill or knowledge, especially academic or vocational, that is related to but separate from other areas: the judicial branch of government; the branch of medicine called neurology.
- A division of a business or other organization.
- A division of a family, categorized by descent from a particular ancestor.
- A subdivision of a family of languages, such as the Germanic branch of Indo-European.
- A tributary of a river.
- See branch water (n.
- A divergent section of a river, especially near the mouth.
- A part of a curve that is separated, as by discontinuities or extreme points.
- Computer Science.
- A sequence of program instructions to which the normal sequence of instructions relinquishes control, depending on the value of certain variables.
- The instructions executed as the result of such a passing of control.
- To put forth a branch or branches; spread by dividing.
- To come forth as a branch or subdivision; develop or diverge from: an unpaved road that branches from the main road; a theory that branches from an older system of ideas.
- To enlarge the scope of one’s interests, business, or activities: branch out from physics into related scientific fields.
- To relinquish control to another set of instructions or another routine as a result of the presence of a branch.
- To separate (something) into or as if into branches.
- The central meaning shared by these nouns is “something resembling or structurally analogous to a limb of a tree”: a branch of a railroad; an arm of the sea; the western fork of the river; an offshoot of a mountain range.
- verb - to form branches (offshoots)
There are 6 letters in BRANCH: A B C H N R
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to BRANCH
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word BRANCH plus a wildcard: BRANCH?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word BRANCH
Images for BRANCH
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.