Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: ADVANCE
In which Scrabble dictionary does ADVANCE exist?
Definitions of ADVANCE in dictionaries:
- noun - a movement forward
- noun - a change for the better
- noun - a tentative suggestion designed to elicit the reactions of others
- noun - the act of moving forward (as toward a goal)
- noun - an amount paid before it is earned
- noun - increase in price or value
- verb - move forward, also in the metaphorical sense
- verb - bring forward for consideration or acceptance
- verb - increase or raise
- verb - contribute to the progress or growth of
- verb - cause to move forward
- verb - obtain advantages, such as points, etc.
- verb - develop in a positive way
- verb - develop further
- verb - give a promotion to or assign to a higher position
- verb - pay in advance
- verb - move forward
- verb - rise in rate or price
- adj - being ahead of time or need
- adj - situated ahead or going before
- To move or cause to move forward.
- To put forward; propose or suggest: advanced a novel theory during the seminar.
- To aid the growth or progress of.
- To raise in rank; promote.
- To cause to occur sooner: advance a deadline by one week.
- To raise in amount or rate; increase.
- To pay (money or interest) before due.
- To supply or lend, especially on credit.
- To serve as an advance person for (a trip to be made by a politician or a dignitary): “advanced the China trip during which the first trade agreements... were signed” (Suzanne Perney).
- To lift.
- To go or move forward or onward.
- To move against another, as when attacking: advance on the enemy’s position.
- To make progress; improve.
- To rise in rank, position, or value.
- To serve as an advance person for a trip to be made by a politician or a dignitary.
- The act or process of moving or going forward.
- A forward move, as toward an objective; progress: an advance in genetic engineering.
- An increase of price or value.
- The furnishing of funds or goods on credit.
- The funds or goods so furnished; a loan.
- Payment of money before due: an advance on next week’s salary.
- Made or given ahead of time: an advance payment.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to cause to move ahead, as toward a goal”: advance a worthy cause; forwarding their own interests; fostered friendly relations; furthering your career; efforts to promote sales.
- verb - to move or cause to move ahead
There are 7 letters in ADVANCE: A A C D E N V
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to ADVANCE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word ADVANCE plus a wildcard: ADVANCE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word ADVANCE
7 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for ADVANCE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.