Scrabble word: ADOPT
In which Scrabble dictionary does ADOPT exist?
Definitions of ADOPT in dictionaries:
- verb - choose and follow
- verb - take up and practice as one's own
- verb - take on titles, offices, duties, responsibilities
- verb - take on a certain form, attribute, or aspect
- verb - take into one's family
- verb - put into dramatic form
- verb - take up the cause, ideology, practice, method, of someone and use it as one's own
- To take into one’s family through legal means and raise as one’s own child.
- To take and follow (a course of action, for example) by choice or assent: adopt a new technique.
- To take up and make one’s own: adopt a new idea.
- To take on or assume: adopted an air of importance.
- To vote to accept: adopt a resolution.
- One refers to an adopted child but to adoptive parents.
- verb - to take into one's family by legal means
There are 5 letters in ADOPT: A D O P T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to ADOPT
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word ADOPT plus a wildcard: ADOPT?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word ADOPT
Images for ADOPT
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.