Is SHAKE valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of SHAKE in various dictionaries:
- noun - building material used as siding or roofing
- noun - frothy drink of milk and flavoring and sometimes fruit or ice cream
- noun - a note that alternates rapidly with another note a semitone above it
- noun - grasping and shaking a person's hand (as to acknowledge an introduction or to agree on a contract)
- noun - a reflex motion caused by cold or fear or excitement
- noun - causing to move repeatedly from side to side
- verb - move or cause to move back and forth
- verb - move with or as if with a tremor
- verb - shake or vibrate rapidly and intensively
- verb - move back and forth or sideways
- verb - undermine or cause to waver
- verb - stir the feelings, emotions, or peace of
- verb - get rid of
- verb - bring to a specified condition by or as if by shaking
- verb - shake (a body part) to communicate a greeting, feeling, or cognitive state
- To cause to move to and fro with jerky movements.
- To cause to quiver, tremble, vibrate, or rock.
- To cause to lose stability or waver: a crisis that shook my deepest beliefs.
- To remove or dislodge by jerky movements: shook the dust from the cushions.
- To bring to a specified condition by or as if by shaking: “It is not easy to shake one’s heart free of the impression” (John Middleton Murry).
- To get rid of: couldn’t shake the man who was following us.
- To disturb or agitate; unnerve: She was shaken by the news of the disaster.
- To brandish or wave, especially in anger: shake one’s fist.
- To clasp (hands) in greeting or leave-taking or as a sign of agreement.
- To trill (a note).
- To move to and fro in short, irregular, often jerky movements.
- To tremble, as from cold or in anger.
- To be unsteady; totter or waver.
- To move something vigorously up and down or from side to side, as in mixing.
- To trill.
- To shake hands: Let’s shake on it.
- The act of shaking.
- A trembling or quivering movement.
- An earthquake.
- A fissure in rock.
- A crack in timber caused by wind or frost.
- A moment or an instant; a trice: I’ll do it in a shake.
- A trill.
- A beverage in which the ingredients are mixed by shaking.
- Uncontrollable trembling, as in a person who is cold, frightened, feverish, or ill.
- A bargain or deal: getting a fair shake.
- To extort money from.
- To make a thorough search of: shook down the prisoners’ cells for hidden weapons.
- To subject (a new ship or aircraft) to shakedown testing.
- To become acclimated or accustomed, as to a new environment or a new job.
- To upset by or as if by a physical jolt or shock: was badly shaken up by the accident.
- To escape from or get rid of: We managed to give our pursuers the shake.
- To dance.
- To arouse to action or reaction; disturb: “[He] so shook Hollywood’s tree that... all manner of... people called me unsolicited to itemize his mistakes or praise his courage” (Tina Brown).
- adj - to move to and fro with short, rapid movements [v SHOOK, SHAKEN, SHAKING, SHAKES] : SHAKABLE
There are 5 letters in SHAKE: A E H K S
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to SHAKE
To search all scrabble anagrams of SHAKE, to go: SHAKE?
Rearrange the letters in SHAKE and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of SHAKE
What's nearby SHAKE
Lookup in Wiki for SHAKE
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of SHAKE, do not miss the additional links under "More about: SHAKE"