Is RULE valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of RULE in various dictionaries:
- noun - a principle or condition that customarily governs behavior
- noun - something regarded as a normative example
- noun - prescribed guide for conduct or action
- noun - (linguistics) a rule describing (or prescribing) a linguistic practice
- noun - a basic generalization that is accepted as true and that can be used as a basis for reasoning or conduct
- noun - the duration of a monarch's or government's power
- noun - dominance or power through legal authority
- noun - directions that define the way a game or sport is to be conducted
- noun - any one of a systematic body of regulations defining the way of life of members of a religious order
- noun - a rule or law concerning a natural phenomenon or the function of a complex system
- noun - (mathematics) a standard procedure for solving a class of mathematical problems
- noun - measuring stick consisting of a strip of wood or metal or plastic with a straight edge that is used for drawing straight lines and measuring lengths
- verb - exercise authority over
- verb - decide with authority
- verb - be larger in number, quantity, power, status or importance
- verb - decide on and make a declaration about
- verb - have an affinity with
- verb - mark or draw with a ruler
- verb - keep in check
- Governing power or its possession or use; authority.
- The duration of such power.
- An authoritative, prescribed direction for conduct, especially one of the regulations governing procedure in a legislative body or a regulation observed by the players in a game, sport, or contest.
- The body of regulations prescribed by the founder of a religious order for governing the conduct of its members.
- A usual, customary, or generalized course of action or behavior: “The rule of life in the defense bar ordinarily is to go along and get along” (Scott Turow).
- A generalized statement that describes what is true in most or all cases: In this office, hard work is the rule, not the exception.
- A standard method or procedure for solving a class of problems.
- A court order limited in application to a specific case.
- A subordinate regulation governing a particular matter.
- See ruler (n.
- A thin metal strip of various widths and designs, used to print borders or lines, as between columns.
- To exercise control, dominion, or direction over; govern.
- To dominate by powerful influence.
- To decide or declare authoritatively or judicially; decree.
- To mark with straight parallel lines.
- To mark (a straight line), as with a ruler.
- To be in total control or command; exercise supreme authority.
- To formulate and issue a decree or decision.
- To prevail at a particular level or rate: Prices ruled low.
- To prevent; preclude: The snowstorm ruled out their weekly meeting.
- To remove from consideration; exclude: The option of starting over has been ruled out.
- adj - to exercise control over [v RULED, RULING, RULES] : RULABLE
There are 4 letters in RULE: E L R U
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to RULE
To search all scrabble anagrams of RULE, to go: RULE?
Rearrange the letters in RULE and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of RULE
What's nearby RULE
Lookup in Wiki for RULE
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of RULE, do not miss the additional links under "More about: RULE"