Is ROOT valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of ROOT in various dictionaries:
- noun - (botany) the usually underground organ that lacks buds or leaves or nodes
- noun - the place where something begins, where it springs into being
- noun - (linguistics) the form of a word after all affixes are removed
- noun - a number that, when multiplied by itself some number of times, equals a given number
- noun - the set of values that give a true statement when substituted into an equation
- noun - someone from whom you are descended (but usually more remote than a grandparent)
- noun - a simple form inferred as the common basis from which related words in several languages can be derived by linguistic processes
- noun - the part of a tooth that is embedded in the jaw and serves as support
- verb - take root and begin to grow
- verb - come into existence, originate
- verb - plant by the roots
- verb - dig with the snout
- verb - become settled or established and stable in one's residence or life style
- verb - cause to take roots
- The usually underground portion of a plant that lacks buds, leaves, or nodes and serves as support, draws minerals and water from the surrounding soil, and sometimes stores food.
- Any of various other underground plant parts, especially an underground stem such as a rhizome, corm, or tuber.
- The embedded part of an organ or structure such as a hair, tooth, or nerve, that serves as a base or support.
- A base or support: We snipped the wires at the roots.
- An essential part or element; the basic core: I finally got to the root of the problem.
- A primary source; an origin.
- A progenitor or an ancestor from which a person or family is descended.
- The element that carries the main component of meaning in a word and provides the basis from which a word is derived by adding affixes or inflectional endings or by phonetic change.
- Such an element reconstructed for a protolanguage.
- A number that when multiplied by itself an indicated number of times forms a product equal to a specified number.
- A number that reduces a polynomial equation in one variable to an identity when it is substituted for the variable.
- The note from which a chord is built.
- A triad or other chord that has such a note lowermost.
- To grow roots or a root.
- To become firmly established, settled, or entrenched.
- To come into existence; originate.
- To cause to put out roots and grow.
- To implant by or as if by the roots.
- To furnish a primary source or origin to.
- To remove by or as if by the roots.
- To dig in the earth with or as if with the snout or nose.
- To rummage for something.
- To give audible encouragement or applause to a contestant or team; cheer.
- To lend support to someone or something.
- verb - to put forth a root (an underground portion of a plant)
There are 4 letters in ROOT: O O R T
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to ROOT
To search all scrabble anagrams of ROOT, to go: ROOT?
Rearrange the letters in ROOT and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of ROOT
What's nearby ROOT
Lookup in Wiki for ROOT
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of ROOT, do not miss the additional links under "More about: ROOT"