Is HIT valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of HIT in various dictionaries:
- noun - (baseball) a successful stroke in an athletic contest (especially in baseball)
- noun - the act of contacting one thing with another
- noun - a conspicuous success
- noun - (physics) a brief event in which two or more bodies come together
- noun - a dose of a narcotic drug
- noun - a murder carried out by an underworld syndicate
- noun - a connection made via the internet to another website
- verb - cause to move by striking
- verb - hit against
- verb - deal a blow to, either with the hand or with an instrument
- verb - reach a destination, either real or abstract
- verb - affect or afflict suddenly, usually adversely
- verb - hit with a missile from a weapon
- verb - encounter by chance
- verb - gain points in a game
- verb - cause to experience suddenly
- verb - make a strategic, offensive, assault against an enemy, opponent, or a target
- verb - kill intentionally and with premeditation
- verb - drive something violently into a location
- verb - reach a point in time, or a certain state or level
- verb - produce by manipulating keys or strings of musical instruments, also metaphorically
- verb - consume to excess
- verb - hit the intended target or goal
- verb - pay unsolicited and usually unwanted sexual attention to
- To come into contact with forcefully; strike: The car hit the guardrail.
- To reach with or as if with a blow: The bullet hit the police officer in the shoulder.
- To cause to come into contact: She hit her hand against the wall.
- To deal a blow to.
- To strike with a missile: fired and hit the target.
- To press or push (a key or button, for example): hit the return key by mistake.
- To reach with a propelled object: hit the running back with a pass.
- To score in this way: She hit the winning goal.
- To perform (a shot or maneuver) successfully: couldn’t hit the jump shot.
- To propel with a stroke or blow: hit the ball onto the green.
- To execute (a base hit) successfully: hit a single.
- To bat against (a pitcher or kind of pitch) successfully: can’t hit a slider.
- To affect, especially adversely: The company was hit hard by the recession.
- To come upon or discover, especially by chance: finally hit the right exit.
- To attain or reach: Monthly sales hit a new high.
- To accord with; suit: The idea hit my fancy.
- To produce or represent accurately: trying to hit the right note.
- To deal cards to.
- To give a drink of liquor or a dose of a narcotic to.
- To strike or deal a blow.
- To come into contact with something; collide.
- To attack: The raiders hit at dawn.
- To happen or occur: The storm hit without warning.
- To achieve or find something desired or sought: finally hit on the answer; hit upon a solution to the problem.
- To ignite a mixture of air and fuel in the cylinders.
- A collision or an impact.
- A successfully executed shot, blow, thrust, or throw.
- A successful or popular venture: a Broadway hit.
- An apt or effective remark.
- A base hit.
- A dose of a narcotic drug.
- A puff of a cigarette or a marijuana cigarette or pipe.
- A murder planned and carried out usually by a member of an underworld syndicate.
- verb - to strike forcibly
There are 3 letters in HIT: H I T
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to HIT
To search all scrabble anagrams of HIT, to go: HIT?
Rearrange the letters in HIT and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of HIT
What's nearby HIT
Lookup in Wiki for HIT
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of HIT, do not miss the additional links under "More about: HIT"