Is GAIN valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of GAIN in various dictionaries:
- noun - a quantity that is added
- noun - the advantageous quality of being beneficial
- noun - the amount of increase in signal power or voltage or current expressed as the ratio of output to input
- noun - the amount by which the revenue of a business exceeds its cost of operating
- verb - obtain
- verb - win something through one's efforts
- verb - derive a benefit from
- verb - reach a destination, either real or abstract
- verb - obtain advantages, such as points, etc.
- verb - rise in rate or price
- verb - increase or develop
- verb - earn on some commercial or business transaction
- verb - increase (one's body weight)
- To come into possession or use of; acquire: gained a small fortune in real estate; gained important information about the enemy’s plans.
- To attain in competition or struggle; win: gained a decisive victory; gained control of the company.
- To obtain through effort or merit; achieve: gain recognition; gain a hearing for the proposal.
- To secure as profit or reward; earn: gain a living; gain extra credits in school.
- To manage to achieve an increase of: a movement that gained strength; gained wisdom with age.
- To increase by (a specific amount): gained 15 pounds; the market gained 30 points.
- See Synonyms at reach.
- To become fast by (a specified amount of time).
- To increase; grow: gained in experience and maturity; a painting that gained in value.
- To become better; improve: gaining in health.
- To obtain a profit or advantage; benefit: stood to gain politically by his opponent’s blunder.
- To close a gap; get closer: The runners in the back were steadily gaining on the leader.
- To increase a lead.
- To put on weight: I began to gain when I went off my diet.
- To operate or run fast.
- Something gained or acquired: territorial gains.
- Progress; advancement: The country made social and political gains under the new government.
- The act of acquiring; attainment.
- An increase in amount or degree: a gain in operating income.
- An increase in signal power, voltage, or current by an amplifier, expressed as the ratio of output to input.
- To run too fast.
- To delay or prolong something until a desired event occurs.
- To cut out a gain in.
- To join by or fit into a gain.
- verb - to come into possession of
There are 4 letters in GAIN: A G I N
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to GAIN
To search all scrabble anagrams of GAIN, to go: GAIN?
Rearrange the letters in GAIN and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of GAIN
What's nearby GAIN
Lookup in Wiki for GAIN
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of GAIN, do not miss the additional links under "More about: GAIN"