Scrabble word: WREST
In which Scrabble dictionary does WREST exist?
Definitions of WREST in dictionaries:
- verb - obtain by seizing forcibly or violently, also metaphorically
- To obtain by or as if by pulling with violent twisting movements: wrested the book out of his hands; wrested the islands from the settlers.
- To usurp forcefully: wrested power from the monarchy.
- To extract by or as if by force, twisting, or persistent effort; wring: wrest the meaning from an obscure poem.
- To distort or twist the nature or meaning of: wrested the words out of context.
- To divert to an improper use; misapply.
- The act of wresting.
- A small tuning key for the wrest pins of a stringed instrument.
- verb - to take away by force