Scrabble word: WIRE
In which Scrabble dictionary does WIRE exist?
Definitions of WIRE in dictionaries:
- noun - ligament made of metal and used to fasten things or make cages or fences etc
- noun - a metal conductor that carries electricity over a distance
- noun - the finishing line on a racetrack
- noun - a message transmitted by telegraph
- verb - provide with electrical circuits
- verb - send cables, wires, or telegrams
- verb - fasten with wire
- verb - string on a wire
- verb - equip for use with electricity
- A usually pliable metallic strand or rod made in many lengths and diameters, sometimes clad and often electrically insulated, used chiefly for structural support or to conduct electricity.
- A group of wire strands bundled or twisted together as a functional unit; cable.
- Something resembling a wire, as in slenderness or stiffness.
- An open telephone connection.
- A hidden microphone, as on a person’s body or in a building.
- A telegraph service.
- A telegram or cablegram.
- A pin in the print head of a computer printer.
- The screen on which sheets of paper are formed in a papermaking machine.
- The finish line of a racetrack.
- The system of strings employed in manipulating puppets in a show.
- Hidden controlling influences.
- A pickpocket.
- Fencing made of usually barbed wire.
- To bind, connect, or attach with wires or a wire.
- To string (beads, for example) on wire.
- To equip with a system of electrical wires.
- To install electronic eavesdropping equipment in (a room, for example).
- To send by telegraph: wired her congratulations.
- To send a telegram.
- At the finish line.
- Just in the nick of time; at the last moment.
- adj - to fasten with wire (a slender rod, strand, or thread of ductile metal) [v WIRED, WIRING, WIRES] : WIRABLE