Scrabble word: VESTRY
In which Scrabble dictionary does VESTRY exist?
Definitions of VESTRY in dictionaries:
- noun - in the Protestant Episcopal Church: a committee elected by the congregation to work with the churchwardens in managing the temporal affairs of the church
- noun - a room in a church where sacred vessels and vestments are kept or meetings are held
- A room in or attached to a church where the clergy put on their vestments and where these robes and other sacred objects are stored; a sacristy.
- A room in a church used for meetings and classes.
- A committee of members elected to administer the temporal affairs of a parish.
- A business meeting of parishioners in a parish.
- adj - a room in which vestments are kept [n -TRIES] : VESTRAL