Scrabble word: THING
In which Scrabble dictionary does THING exist?
Definitions of THING in dictionaries:
- noun - a special situation
- noun - an action
- noun - a special abstraction
- noun - an artifact
- noun - an event
- noun - a vaguely specified concern
- noun - a statement regarded as an object
- noun - an entity that is not named specifically
- noun - any attribute or quality considered as having its own existence
- noun - a special objective
- noun - a persistent illogical feeling of desire or aversion
- noun - a separate and self-contained entity
- An entity, an idea, or a quality perceived, known, or thought to have its own existence.
- The real or concrete substance of an entity.
- An entity existing in space and time.
- An inanimate object.
- Something referred to by a word, a symbol, a sign, or an idea; a referent.
- A creature: the poor little thing.
- An individual object: There wasn’t a thing in sight.
- That which can be possessed or owned.
- An article of clothing: Put on your things and let’s go.
- An object or entity that is not or cannot be named specifically: What is this thing for? 9.
- An act, deed, or work: promised to do great things.
- The result of work or activity: is always building things.
- A piece of information: wouldn’t tell me a thing about the project.
- A means to an end: just the thing to increase sales.
- An end or objective: In blackjack, the thing is to get nearest to 21 without going over.
- A matter of concern: many things on my mind.
- A turn of events; a circumstance: The accident was a terrible thing.
- A particular state of affairs; a situation: Let’s deal with this thing promptly.
- A persistent illogical feeling, as a desire or an aversion; an obsession: has a thing about seafood.
- The latest fad or fashion; the rage: Drag racing was the thing then.
- An activity uniquely suitable and satisfying to one: Let him do his own thing.
- A certainty: His election is a sure thing.
- Of course; certainly: Sure thing, I’ll be there! [Middle English, from Old English thing.
- noun - an inanimate object