Scrabble word: SYMBOL
In which Scrabble dictionary does SYMBOL exist?
Definitions of SYMBOL in dictionaries:
- noun - an arbitrary sign (written or printed) that has acquired a conventional significance
- noun - something visible that by association or convention represents something else that is invisible
- Something that represents something else by association, resemblance, or convention, especially a material object used to represent something invisible.
- The central meaning shared by these nouns is “something associated with and standing for, representing, or identifying something else”: scales, the symbol of justice; the scepter, an attribute of royal power; the thistle, the emblem of Scotland.
- verb - to serve as a symbol (a representation) of