Scrabble word: STUMP
In which Scrabble dictionary does STUMP exist?
Definitions of STUMP in dictionaries:
- noun - the base part of a tree that remains standing after the tree has been felled
- noun - the part of a limb or tooth that remains after the rest is removed
- noun - (cricket) any of three upright wooden posts that form the wicket
- noun - a platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it
- verb - cause to be perplexed or confounded
- verb - walk heavily
- verb - travel through a district and make political speeches
- verb - remove tree stumps from
- The part of a tree trunk left protruding from the ground after the tree has fallen or has been felled.
- The legs.
- An artificial leg.
- A short, thickset person.
- A heavy footfall.
- A place or an occasion used for political or campaign oratory: candidates out on the stump.
- A short, pointed roll of leather or paper or wad of rubber for rubbing on a charcoal or pencil drawing to shade or soften it.
- Any one of the three upright sticks in a cricket wicket.
- To reduce to a stump.
- To clear stumps from: stump a field.
- To stub (a toe or foot).
- To traverse (a district) making political speeches: a candidate stumping the state.
- To shade (a drawing) with a stump.
- To challenge (someone); defy.
- To bring to a halt; baffle.
- verb - to mix up mentally