Scrabble word: SHEER
In which Scrabble dictionary does SHEER exist?
Definitions of SHEER in dictionaries:
- verb - turn sharply
- verb - cause to sheer
- adj - complete and without restriction or qualification
- adj - not mixed with extraneous elements
- adj - very steep
- adj - so thin as to transmit light
- adv - straight up or down without a break
- adv - directly
- A swerving or deviating course.
- The upward curve or amount of upward curve of the longitudinal lines of a ship’s hull as viewed from the side.
- The position in which a ship is placed to enable it to keep clear of a single bow anchor.
- Completely such, without qualification or exception: sheer stupidity; sheer happiness.
- Considered or operating apart from anything else: got the job through sheer persistence.
- See Synonyms at steep1.
- Almost perpendicularly.
- Completely; altogether.
- adv - of very thin texture [adj SHEERER, SHEEREST] : SHEERLY
- verb - to turn aside suddenly from a straight course